The Bank of Mozambique on Friday hiked its lending and deposit rates by a startling 600 basis points, pushing the lending rate to a new record high of 23.25% in an attempt to keep pace with inflation. In a press conference following the Bank’s first monetary policy decision since the appointment of governor Rogério Zandamela…...
- Five ‘Naparama’ militiamen beheaded in Montepuez
- Mozambique’s rainy season contingency plan underfunded as heavy rains approach
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 25 November
- Is there still a case for Matola LNG?
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 23 November
- Bumper harvest narrows Mozambique’s agricultural trade gap
- Palma police chief presumed dead in roadside ambush in Muidumbe
- Tanzanian forces ambushed on the road in Nangade