Nkula trees, known for the valuable wood they produce, are on the verge of extinction in Tete province due to illegal timber harvesting by Chinese companies, often working in collaboration with local authorities. Mozambique’s Ministry of Land, Environment and Rural Development (MITADER) specifically banned felling, selling, or collecting Nkula – formally known as Pterocarpus tinctorius…...
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 29 November
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 28 November
- Major fuel distribution hub project calls public consultation
- Five ‘Naparama’ militiamen beheaded in Montepuez
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 25 November
- Mozambique’s rainy season contingency plan underfunded as heavy rains approach
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 24 November
- Is there still a case for Matola LNG?