Mozambique has this week disclosed more than $1 billion in hidden borrowing for security and defence spending, the IMF’s Africa director said today, a fact that “significantly changes our assessment of Mozambique’s macroeconomic outlook.” Africa director Antoinette Sayeh told a press conference at the Fund’s headquarters in Washington, DC, that Mozambique’s authorities confirmed the existence…...
- Five ‘Naparama’ militiamen beheaded in Montepuez
- Mozambique’s rainy season contingency plan underfunded as heavy rains approach
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 25 November
- Is there still a case for Matola LNG?
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 23 November
- Bumper harvest narrows Mozambique’s agricultural trade gap
- Palma police chief presumed dead in roadside ambush in Muidumbe
- Tanzanian forces ambushed on the road in Nangade