Japanese conglomerate Mitsui has completed its $733 million acquisition of a significant stake in Vale’s coal and logistics projects in Mozambique, the two companies announced this week. Mitsui is paying $255m for 15% of Vale’s 95% stake in the Moatize coal mining project, and $478 million for 50% of Vale’s ownership of the Nacala Logistics…...
- Five ‘Naparama’ militiamen beheaded in Montepuez
- Mozambique’s rainy season contingency plan underfunded as heavy rains approach
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 25 November
- Is there still a case for Matola LNG?
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 23 November
- Bumper harvest narrows Mozambique’s agricultural trade gap
- Palma police chief presumed dead in roadside ambush in Muidumbe
- Tanzanian forces ambushed on the road in Nangade