Bauxite production in the province of Manica is running at around half normal levels due to a drop in demand from the producers’ main customer in Zambia, hitting revenues at one of the Mozambique’s oldest mining operations.
- Mozambique Political Process Bulletin 78: Polling stations burned, violence, fraud
- Peaceful start to Mozambique elections despite early allegations of rigging
- Mozambique Political Process Bulletin 74: Four provinces block observation – will voters stay as check on count?
- Mozambique Political Process Bulletin 73: Peaceful end; No observer credentials; Party funding
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 11 October
- Mozambique Political Process Bulletin 71: Refusal to issue credentials threatens observation
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 10 October
- Russian think tank publishes illegal pro-Frelimo opinion poll