Cyclone Kenneth is now expected to make landfall south of the town of Mocimboa da Praia on Thursday afternoon, not in the district of Palma where LNG projects are being developed, as previously forecast. In [...]
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 25 February, 2019 Agenda:
- Today: President Nyusi to attend the launch of a book about corruption in Mozambique, by Notícias journalist Hélio Filimone.
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 7 February, 2019 Agenda:
- Today: The 53 mayors and municipal assemblies elected in last October’s municipal elections take office
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 17 January, 2019. Agenda:
- Today: Last day of Renamo Congress in Gorongosa
- Tomorrow: Manuel Chang hearing continues in Pretoria, South Africa
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 20 December, 2018. Agenda:
- Today: Closing of the current session of parliament
- Tomorrow: Constitutional Council to give its final verdict on the Marromeu municipal [...]
Terrorists killed 12 people on Thursday night in the village of Pequeué, in Macomia district…
Terrorist attacks in Mozambique’s northern Cabo Delgado province have led hundreds of people to seek refuge on islands in the Quirimbas Archipelago, while oil and gas company Anadarko has suspended work on its projects in Palma district over security [...]
The terror in Mozambique’s northern province of Cabo Delgado has spread south to the district of Macomia, where at least seven people were murdered in the early hours of Tuesday morning, and more than 160 houses burned to the ground.
The authorities in the Cabo Delgado district of Macomia say a mosque frequented by insurgents who attacked the town of Mocimboa da Praia in October has not been visited since - but they have had no instructions from provincial authorities to close it down. [...]
The provincial directorate of justice and religious and constitutional affairs in Cabo Delgado has ordered the immediate closure of three mosques in the city of Pemba - and promised to close more mosques elsewhere in the province which are suspected of [...]