- Today: UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres visits Beira to conclude his two-day visit to Mozambique
- Monday 15 July: Start of the final session of the current Parliament [...]
Browsing: Tongaat Hulett
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for Agenda:
The Xinavane sugar mill in southern Mozambique is under threat of closure following a decision by its majority owner, South Africa’s Tongaat Hulett, to walk away from its other Mozambican mill at Mafambisse in the centre of the country.
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 24 June, 2019 Agenda:
- Tomorrow: Independence Day holiday (which will be observed by Zitamar News)
The Mafambisse sugar mill is on the brink of being closed, Zitamar News has been told by various sources, as its South African majority owner, Tongaat Hulett, is seeking [...]
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 16 May, 2019
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 24 April, 2019 Agenda:
- Today: The Prosecutor-General, Beatriz Buchili, will give her annual ‘state of justice in the nation’ address to parliament
- Tomorrow: Meeting of the Banco de [...]
South African sugar producer Tongaat Hulett, which operates two sugar plantations in Mozambique, is entering talks with its creditors after warning investors it made a $90 million loss over the last year - a drastic turnaround from the $44 million profit the company made the year [...]
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 25 February, 2019 Agenda:
- Today: President Nyusi to attend the launch of a book about corruption in Mozambique, by Notícias journalist Hélio Filimone.
South African sugar producer Tongaat Hulett’s profits in Mozambique have almost halved in the last year, which the company blamed on a strong metical and disappointing exports. Profits from Tongaat Hulett’s Mozambique [...]