The Bank of Mozambique raised interest rates again last week, with the benchmark lending rate hitting 14.25% – an attempt to curb accelerating inflation which topped 18% in May. However, it’s not working – to nobody’s surprise. Inflation is rising not because economic activity is racing ahead, but because it is contracting – badly. Tightening…...
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 29 November
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 28 November
- Major fuel distribution hub project calls public consultation
- Five ‘Naparama’ militiamen beheaded in Montepuez
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 25 November
- Mozambique’s rainy season contingency plan underfunded as heavy rains approach
- Zitamar Daily Briefing, 24 November
- Is there still a case for Matola LNG?