- Today: President Filipe Nyusi inaugurates the rehabilitated headquarters of the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (Ministério de Agricultura e Segurança de Alimentar, MASA), [...]
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 22 February, 2019 Agenda:
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 18 January, 2019. Agenda:
- Today: Manuel Chang hearing continues in Pretoria, South Africa
- Today: Journalist Amade Abubacar to face accusation in court in Cabo Delgado for public incitement [...]
Graphite producer Syrah Resources is producing less graphite and incurring higher costs than it had forecast - leading the company’s new chief operating officer (COO) to review of operations at the mine in Cabo Delgado, northern Mozambique.
A Singaporean company has agreed to pay $85 million for a majority stake in a cement plant near Maputo which until last month was 99% owned by a company described as “the financial arm” of Mozambique’s ruling party, Frelimo. The cement plant project at [...]
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 5 June, 2018. Agenda Today: Former justice minister…
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 28 May, 2018. Agenda
- Today and Tomorrow: Workshop on the management of natural resource revenue - organised by Counterpart International, at the Radisson Blu hotel in [...]
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 14 May, 2018. Agenda
- Today: The president of the Chinese parliament, Li Zhanshu, meets with his counterpart Veronica Macamo in the morning, and with President Filipe Nyusi at 14:00
- Today: [...]
Details have emerged around a planned oil and gas refinery project in Mozambique, which was originally proposed by Chinese state-owned oil company CNPC but has now been put out to international tender after the Chinese offered to build, but not finance, [...]
Australia-based Triton Minerals on Wednesday announced that the company has signed a second binding offtake agreement for its Ancuabe graphite production with a Chinese buyer, meaning 50% of its planned production is now spoken for.
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 18 April, 2018.
- Today: Swearing in of Nampula mayor Paulo Vahanle of Renamo, who won the by-election on 14 March. His term will be less than a [...]