- Today: President Filipe Nyusi to make an address to the nation at 17:00 local time, from the Sena hotel in Beira
- Today: South Africa, Mozambique, and Swaziland ‘trade [...]
Browsing: Jose Pacheco
Welcome to Zitamar’s Daily Mozambique Briefing for 28 March, 2019 Agenda
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 13 March, 2019 Agenda:
- Today: Launch of The Heroin Coast report, by the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime, in the Hotel Cardoso at 10:30
- Today: Russian [...]
Welcome to Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 13 February, 2019 Agenda:
- Today: Event in Maputo marking the listing of two companies - [...]
No deal has been reached with Russian bank VTB over money owed to it by Mozambique, finance minister Adriano Maleiane said on Monday,
An agreement to repatriate the remaining 3,000 Mozambican refugees in the Luwani refugee camp in southern Malawi, who fled fighting in Tete province in 2015-16, has been delayed by a government reshuffle in Mozambique in December.
Welcome to a free edition of Zitamar’s daily Mozambique briefing for 13 December, 2017 - to find out how to receive it on a daily basis, please click [...]
- Max Tonela goes to Mineral Resources and Energy, while the agriculture sector hopes for a fresh start under Higino Marrule
Mozambique President Filipe Nyusi dismissed four senior ministers on Tuesday evening, in a much-anticipated reshuffle following ruling party Frelimo’s Congress in October - leaving the foreign ministry and the energy ministry, among others, temporarily [...]
Mozambican president Filipe Nyusi strengthened his hold on the ruling Frelimo party after a marathon party congress that ran into the early hours of Monday morning. The party’s Political Commission (Comissão Política, CP), exits this 11th Frelimo Congress [...]
Mozambique’s Minister of Agriculture and Food Security last week invited international investors to put a total of $2.5 billion into irrigation projects in five river basins throughout the country, serving 150,000 hectares of productive land.